Thursday, December 22, 2005

Goodbye PT Tranny

So, I was driving to work around the beltway this morning and suddenly the throttle on my PT decided not to... throttle that is. The engine was running but I couldn't accelerate. I cruised to a standstill on the side of the road and watched a wrecker just sail on by. He must have already had a job that he was going to.

A Houston patrol car was not far behind me with a female officer who took pity on me and stopped to see if she and her co-worker cold help. They had just picked up a stray dog - a beautiful and very friendly husky. So while I waited for Bud to come and rescue me and the wrecker to tow my car away, I fussed the husky and chatted with the officers.

It was Bud's first day off for the Christmas holidays and was at home looking after Kurtis, so fortunately, he wasn't too far away as I hadn't got far with my 25 mile journey to work.

$160 dollars later (which was the best part of my new microwave and vacuum cleaner money), my car had been towed to a Chrysler dealership and Bud took me to work.

The PT doesn't even have 40k miles on it and the transmission is trashed...

No comments: