The dealership called on the Friday before Christmas to tell me that a new transmission in my PT Cruiser is going to cost $3,700. That *does* include labor and taxes. Excuse me while I roll me eyes...
While I'm sat at my desk shedding tears on what should have otherwise been a good day - the last day of work before the Christmas holiday - my boss saw that I was upset and when asked what was wrong, I just pointed at the figure I had just written down as quoted by the dealership. He knew what it was for.
Within minutes he had turned my mood around after explaining how it wasn't the end of the world as it's a great time to be trading in for a new car and even with the payoff on the outstanding balance, and the reduced value on the trade-in on my broken PT, I might still be able to trade in and get a good monthly payment figuire - especially if I lease. When it was explained to me, a lease sounded like an excellent idea. Having a shrewd businessman who is also a CPA for a boss has it's advantages!
With that in mind, I went home and enjoyed the Christmas break.
No comments:
Post a Comment