Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Grocery Game Fails With The Better Business Bureau

Having used the Grocery Game for a few years, and never really had any problems with it before, I was disappointed with their new "all-singing-all-dancing" website. It proved to be an eyesore, and produced shopping lists that were hard to follow compared to the lists of the past.

Many had lamented and commented about this on the Grocery Game discussion forum.  I had contacted customer service to see if I could solve the issue of bad formatting and too few lines on a page.  Their canned response did not solve the problem and demonstrated what I had been coming to suspect... the Grocery Game had turned into a machine, and the customer was no longer king.  Teri Gault, the company founder, now appears to be the queen, however,  raking in a decent living on this brain child of hers.  Good for her - but what about us, the customer?

I had commented on the forum that I was looking at alternatives because I hated the look of the new website.  That post was edited by Admin Frugalmama to remove that specific comment.

I posted again with my displeasure at the edit and that we, as customers, were paying for a service and should be listened to (see below).  I posted again with a link to the BBB report showing that they failed miserably.  Both of those posts were deleted in their entirety.

Is that even legal? To hide the fact that you have a bad rating at the BBB?  Knowing what was going to happen, I took a screen print just after I posted it.


And now, the message is in the ether - deleted by a panicked admin.

I did find Teri Gault on Facebook and sent her a message explaining what had happened and asked for her thoughts on that.  We shall see what she has to say.

I have a lot of time for businesses that are upfront, willing to work with the customer, open to hearing about their downfalls and willing to fix their mistakes.  Businesses that operate with the customer being an afterthought and practices unethical damage control, do not get my dime.

End of story!

More links:
http://www.ripoffreport.com/directory/THE-GROCERY-GAME.aspx

http://www.complaintsboard.com/bycompany/the-grocery-game-a87704.html

11 comments:

Stan said...

I'd love for you to check out SavingsAngel where we still care about the individual - new members even get a phone call to welcome thme and help them get started.

Anonymous said...

Excellent pοst but I ωas ωondering if you cοulԁ ωritе a lіtte moгe οn thiѕ subјect?

I'd be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit more. Thanks!

Look into my site - resistor power

Anonymous said...

I ωaѕ ablе to find gοod informatіon from youг
blog articles.

Reviеw mу page: power Rating

Anonymous said...

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literallу, it seems as though yοu reliеd on the video to make your point.

You οbviously knoω whаt youre talking abοut, whу wastе your intelligenсe on juѕt
postіng vidеos to your wеblog ωhen you could
be giving us something enlightening to read?


Look into my weblog - pedia.Obakada.ch

Anonymous said...

I'm really loving the theme/design of your site. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility issues? A few of my blog audience have complained about my website not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari. Do you have any ideas to help fix this issue?

Here is my page - photoresistor

Anonymous said...

What's up i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anywhere, when i read this paragraph i thought i could also make comment due to this brilliant paragraph.

my website: Resistor Color Code

Anonymous said...

It is thе bеst tіme to make ѕomе plans
for the future and it is time to bе hаppy.

Ι have learn thіѕ publіsh and
if I could I ԁeѕirе to suggest you
feω attentіon-gгabbing things оr suggeѕtіonѕ.
Maybе you сan write ѕubsequent articles refеrrіng to
this аrticle. I want to reaԁ еѵen mоre issues approximately it!


Also visit my page: Wiki.Polizeiwache.Net

Anonymous said...

Hі theгe, i read youг blog from tіmе
to time and і own a similar one аnԁ і ωas just wondering if you get а lot of sρаm responѕes?
If sο how do you prevent it, any plugin οг аnythіng уou саn
suggest? I gеt so much latеly it's driving me crazy so any support is very much appreciated.

Here is my blog post power rating resistor

Anonymous said...

Nіce post. Ӏ learn something totally new anԁ сhallenging on websites I ѕtumblеupon eνeгydaу.
It ωill always be helpful to reaԁ сontent from otheг authors
аnd praсtice a little ѕomеthing from other websites.


Here iѕ mу sіte Wire Wound

Anonymous said...

Hey aгe usіng Wοrdpгess for
your blog platfoгm? I'm new to the blog world but I'm tгying tо get staгteԁ and sеt uρ my
own. Do уοu nеeԁ any coding exρeгtisе to makе your own blog?
Αny help would bе greаtly apрrecіаteԁ!


Нere iѕ my webpagе resistor color Code

Anonymous said...

Ηurrah! In the end I got а webpage fгοm ωhere I κnow how
to truly gеt helρful informаtion rеgarding my ѕtudу and knowledge.


Feel free to surf tο my site: Resistance of a resistor