So, the PT Cruiser was dirty and I decided that I would just get a new car. I had known for months what I wanted. Remember December '05 when the tranny went out on the PT, and how I wanted a Chevy HHR? Well, that novelty soon wore off when I realised that's exactly what the HHR is... a novelty car, just like the PT.
Several months ago I fell hook, line and sinker for the Dodge Magnum. The first time I really fell for it was when the show Overhaulin' had overhauled a brand new, shiny black Magnum. It belonged to a spunky little English woman and she reacted the same way that I did when I saw it. It was pure beauty on wheels and she had a hefty V8 Hemi under the hood (bonnet).
If you don't know your American cars, let me tell you, this is a muscle car and a half. It's actually a station wagon with the same chassis as the new Dodge Charger. I seriously considered the Charger as an option, but decided that from certain angles it looks just like any other car on the road these days.
So, I knew it had to be a Magnum, I knew the model I wanted... the SXT, which is one up from the bottom with all the extra doo-dads, like fog-lights, powered seat, sexy alloys and stuff, to make it a nice ride without getting too silly on the price. It also has more horses, with 250 powering that 3.5 litre V6 block.
After much deliberation on color, and having driven a brand spankin' new red model on a test ride and realising that I would get bored with red, not to mention how it would clash with all my purple clothes... I decided upon the bright silver. It's stunner let me tell you. To get to the monthly note that I wanted, I drove away an '06 in superb condition with 14k on the clock. I've got me a whole lotta car for the money!
Pictures are yet to come as the weather has been awful, but rest assured, as I did with the PT was she was spanky, there will be a Magnum gallery, which will be for my benefit just as much as everyone elses!
No comments:
Post a Comment